So, I’ve had a few requests for Slang Like This to be...



So, I’ve had a few requests for Slang Like This to be reuploaded for download recently.

If you don’t know the story, about ten years ago we decided to do a Geordie version of @kingpmoney’s Slang Like This. After getting permission from @sukhknight and @truetiger who kindly sent us the instrumental, we set about matching the video and bars shot for shot and line for line with @superveillance on camera and @jamesphobia on the buttons.

The result is a track and a video that still follows me, with early play from @bbc1xtra @bbcradionewcastle and venues in the northeast such as @standcomedyclub playing it as part of their repertoire, I still get asked to perform it whenever anyone plays any 140.

During lockdown, a local hip-hop facebook group publically voted it as the best northeast rap record - which was nice of them considering how old it is! It’s mad that people still play and love this record!

Anyway, as I’ve had a few requests for downloads recently, I thought I’d re-up it on my SoundCloud for free. Go grab it if you haven’t got it already. And go check out the video and outtakes on YouTube for a snapshot of the DnB/dubstep/hip-hop community in Newcastle a decade ago.

Hope you enjoy it!

#dubstep #grime #bass #music #aems #aemsmc #geordie #northeast #newcastle #newcastleupontyne #tyne #rap #rapper
https://www.instagram.com/p/CaFi3sUM3bH/?utm_medium=tumblr


from Tumblr https://ift.tt/5i3LTcQ
via IFTTT