I first met Skibba here, backstage at the 2004 Drum N Bass...



I first met Skibba here, backstage at the 2004 Drum N Bass Awards. I was lucky enough to share the stage with him multiple times over the years, firstly at Turbulence and later at Motion Sickness, as well as watching from the dancefloor, as a fan, countless times over.

I didn’t know him really other than to say hello to when he was booked in Newcastle, or to pass the mic to, and much better people than me have said much more over the last few days, but he was undoubtedly a huge influence on MC culture, and as a DnB MC it would be wrong of me not to acknowledge that.

As another MC noted in their Instagram post, who didn’t know the Auto Trader or Street fighter bars when they were growing up? Stuff of legend.

My favourite tape ever (which coincidentally I tweeted about last week), is Ed Rush, Eksman and Det at Global Gathering 2006. Skibadee takes the mic about half an hour into the set, just as The Nine drops, and absolutely takes the roof off. You can hear the crowd roar.

A huge loss for DnB. Probably the best to ever do it.

Deal with the matter, deal with it proper.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CakXzE5sBzR/?utm_medium=tumblr


from Tumblr https://ift.tt/NAUoxCj
via IFTTT